Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tales of Lighthouse Animals

I thought readers might enjoy some excerpts from my 2007 book, "The Lightkeepers' Menagerie." Of all my books (and I think there are 22 of them now), I get the most mail and comments on this one. I think it must be because people love animals so much. The stories range from heartwarming to frightening to fun.

That's Lucy on the cover at Lime Kiln Lighthouse in Washington. She passed away a few years after the book was published---a fine, sweet lighthouse dog for sure!


My scanner is unavailable this morning, so I snapped a few images of pages in the book. Click on the images to make them larger so you can read the print and see the photos. Let me know your favorite tale!


First up, some dog tails...er...uh...tales.






Here's a page that's slithery and dangerous!





A few hee-haws.








A recipe for a cold and rainy day.




The book is 328 pages with a glossy color cover and inside photos and illustrations. It was published for me by Pineapple Press of Sarasota, Florida. It's truly a good read, if I do say so myself!

Purchase "The Lightkeepers' Menagerie" here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, photos, stories, etc.!